Matt of all trades, master of none.
Oftentimes better than a master of one.
I'm Head of Design at the Co-op and company director at Manchester based media platform Finest Group.
I specialise in design leadership, strategy, product management, UX, accessibility and front-end engineering.
I'm a generalist in service design, content design and user research.
I have a deep understanding of the web, its technologies and how to create and iterate sucessful products.
I work four days as Head of Design at the Co-op and one at my business — Manchester’s Finest.
I believe in:
- crafting outcome based visions that align to customer and business needs that empower teams to solve problems, not just deliver
- using researched based design to achieve user and business goals
- prototyping in code and showing users early and often
- the power of systems and efficiency to empower teams to innovate and move quickly
- collaboration across disciplines to create the best outcomes
Head of Design
As Head of Design I am responsible for leading the design team and design strategy at Co-op. I was previously a Principal Designer responsible for the Co-op Experience Library.
Manchester’s Finest is an independent digital media and marketing company based in the Northern Quarter. We deliver creative content and experiences to Manchester and wider audiences. We aim to promote the very best the city has to offer.